HD 219828 c: eccentric superjovian around a hot-Neptune host

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HD 219828 c: eccentric superjovian around a hot-Neptune host

Post by Lazarus on 24th May 2016, 3:03 am

Santos et al. (2016) "An extreme planetary system around HD219828. One long-period super Jupiter to a hot-neptune host star"
http://arxiv.org/abs/1605.06942

Shellface's parameters from 2013, and also the 2014 version are pretty much on the mark for this one.
Lazarus
dG star
dG star

Number of posts : 2819
Registration date : 2008-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HD 219828 c: eccentric superjovian around a hot-Neptune host

Post by Shellface on 24th May 2016, 10:50 am

Ah, that first link is embarrassing! Mad 

Also yes. [loud fistpumping]. I was wondering when the HARPS team would get around to publishing their solution, seeing as it's been solvable for a few years.

Certainly an odd system. c remains one of the few extremely eccentric planets without a known perturber, though the star still remains unsearched for stellar companions; hopefully this publishment will prompt an investigation. Looking at the 2MASS images, there appear to be two faint sources at ~10" separation which may be companion candidates.

It will be interesting to see a GAIA solution to the orbit. At the current date c is some ways from periastron, so the astrometric perturbation will likely be quite modest over GAIA observations; if a detection is not possible over such a small arc, hopefully a useful constraint is.

(I should probably do some more RV stuff at some point. I've been captured by K2 for a long while)

Shellface
Neptune-Mass
Neptune-Mass

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-02-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum