EXOPANETS and new life on them // Master Degree // Academy of Fine Arts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EXOPANETS and new life on them // Master Degree // Academy of Fine Arts

Post by koralkol on 28th December 2014, 6:37 pm

HELLO!

My name is Karolina . I am a student of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw and I am on the final year of my studies. My specialization is an illustration. I am in the design of my Master Degree (yes, at the Academy of Fine Arts are two types of Master's - practical and written - here I have in mind the practical (manual).

At the beginning of my studies I was wondering what to think of this Master; through those 5 years flew by my head a lot of different ideas. A year ago I had a very strange year, and I slept on the mattress on the floor in such a kind of "loft". Lay down to sleep very late, because I was working on important projects. As I put to sleep, then the moon was shining in my face (through a window of course), and so I got used to it, that before I went to bed, I looked at him. Thus wintered in this "storeroom".

How so I watched every night before bed, to the moon - I thought what is on; some such existential thoughts. As soon as the end of the year was in academy - I started to read, learn, and sometimes just to remind myself of the concept; out of curiosity.

I read and read and suddenly I come across the term: exoplanets. And again developed in front of me the next range of terms and concepts. I read further every day (I still read and learns new things), I did research on the internet.

Finally, at the end of summer stung the seed idea in my head - I will choose a few exoplanets and illustrate them! But wait! Moment! Just illustrations of exoplanets will be boring ... I will choose a few exoplanets and I will give them life - then i will illustrate them! So...

Here is another topic - biology. However, we have to cut off knowledge about what we know about life on Earth. I am one hundred percent convinced that life here on the rocky planet, full of water, on the ecosphere of the star is not the only kind of life defined. Thus, the definition of life here will be very relative concept.

My assumption - I create life on the gas giants, on the ice globes, on the seething fire orbs. Here I will consult with biologists who specialize in a very flexible concept of evolution. And of course, open minded people.

I am writing to you, the people who are probably more privy to the topic than I do, because I need a consultation with you. Perhaps you will fall on a very good idea - my limitation in the subject lies in the fact that I started very late and I am aware that I will never know everything / do not understand in such a short time.

“Why so scientifically approach a case?” - my Professor is surprised and even slightly irritated - “You're not a student at the Polytechnic!” All in all he's right ... but I think - maybe, it's because most of the "artists" of my environment, only what they use is "coming up" (not imagination) - let's say, come up with things that do not have physical basis for the existence - and people clapping when they see it and rejoice.

And yet - given the information that we have today (2014!), we can use our imagination as to what we create based on those informations. Based on this knowledge, I want to create something that may exist. And just like that I wish it was my master's degree. - I want to play with real information and create worlds based on them.

I would add that my professor suggested that I “should add something poetic," so some elements the project will be, say, had a symbolic meaning (for example: Number of selected exoplanets, colors, and living creatures on them) - here, I'll have to think of everything by myself.

Finally, I must also say that "design" on my academy is not the hyper-realistic drawings nor realistic painting. Illustration, it is very flexible artistic technique. In my illustrations will certainly be a lot of beautiful colors - that's for sure, what of the style - that I can not say yet, because it will come out during the corrections with professors. For illustration too seriously can not be approached - it should be fun!

SUMMARY

So: now I need to make a sketch, so as to develop my idea:

- I need to select exoplanets (the number is also important, as I said above and the number must be limited, I think about 7)

I think that there needs to be carefully selected - preferably ones that provide us with much information about the atmosphere (mass may be minimal) - chemical composition, which will allow me at least a little in the design of fauna and flora.

The second thing, it would be good if they differ from each other - then it will be more "fun" in the design of various forms of life.

hot / cold / ice / gas / sulfur / ... / diamond / old / young / the strange chemistry / etc ….

- selected exoplanets - "aerial meteorite" - that is - the appearance of the planet.

Struggling over this for quite some time - because I love the colors, I would like to know the principles that guided the color of the atmosphere... Still do not understand.

I red about the colors of chemicals (chemical composition of the planet?) - Even I found this forum on the internet during the search of answers. - still do not know. I wish here was flexibility - but if I have to stick to "rules" that I need to know what and how.

After all, the planet, which is very close to its star, has a very high temperature (even eternally burning) - do not necessarily have the color of bonfires - the colors of the flames are different depending on the composition of a chemical compound that burns - is it not?

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Here in Warsaw also organize on this matter, "a group of the creative" people who specialize in different disciplines to make a "brainstorming" for the "scenario" of these illustrations. For now, I'm a man studying chemistry (although he could not explain to me a lot about the colors of chemical compounds, but explained to me what the photon.;-P), a man who is a librarian (to help me in the symbolism, the addition of "poetic" element). My brother is very interested in astronomy and probably could help, but he rarely speaks to me and very rarely has time.

So, you who already know so much about the universe - I need your help! If you find a little time, you'll want to support my project with your knowledge, it will be great! If I succeed, I will document all work, and even send / I'll show the final result, and documentation of the thesis defense.

Looking for help with:

Like a Star @ heaven The choice of exoplanets

Like a Star @ heaven To define the color/colours of selected exoplanet/atmosphere of exoplanet

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

I apologize in advance for possible mistakes in English.
Each well-founded suggestion (in topic) will be taken into account.
I would ask for a very simple English, because my English is at a medium level, and everything you write to me, I would like to understand.

Last edited by koralkol on 28th December 2014, 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : title)
koralkol
Hydrogen Atom
Hydrogen Atom

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-12-27

View user profile http://karolinarossa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

list of exoplanets to consider

Post by koralkol on 28th December 2014, 6:43 pm

list of exoplanets to consider

Here is a list of exoplanets that seem to me the most interesting. Of course, they probably know that for certain, we have too little information - it is also a golf course to complement your imagination (but based on knowledge). If she who seems interesting to you, is not here, eager to find out about it Smile

I would like to consider only the confirmed exoplanets.

Thank you in advance for your time reading and considering help.

Like a Star @ heaven KEPLER-78 b
Like a Star @ heaven TrES-2 b
Like a Star @ heaven WASP-12 b
Like a Star @ heaven PSR B1620-26 b
Like a Star @ heaven 55 CANCRI e
Like a Star @ heaven GJ 436 b
Like a Star @ heaven HD 85512 b
Like a Star @ heaven GLIESE 667 Cc
Like a Star @ heaven KEPLER-16 b
Like a Star @ heaven GJ 1214 b
Like a Star @ heaven KEPLER-22 b
Like a Star @ heaven HD 209485 b
Like a Star @ heaven GLIESE 581 c
Like a Star @ heaven KEPLER-413 b
Like a Star @ heaven KEPLER-10 c
Like a Star @ heaven COROT-7 b
Like a Star @ heaven HD 28185 b
Like a Star @ heaven GLIESE 581 e
Like a Star @ heaven KEPLER-186 f
Like a Star @ heaven PSR 1257 + 12 b, c, d

Last edited by koralkol on 28th December 2014, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title)
koralkol
Hydrogen Atom
Hydrogen Atom

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-12-27

View user profile http://karolinarossa.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: EXOPANETS and new life on them // Master Degree // Academy of Fine Arts

Post by Sirius_Alpha on 29th December 2014, 1:33 am

I don't know how accurate it is believed to be today, or how well it has held up to modern scrutiny, but there's the "Sudarsky classification scheme," based on some modelling of gas giant planet atmospheres that suggest some considerable colour-temperature correlation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudarsky's_gas_giant_classification

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3402
Registration date : 2008-04-06

View user profile http://solar-flux.forumandco.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: EXOPANETS and new life on them // Master Degree // Academy of Fine Arts

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top