PlutonianEmpire's Worlds

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PlutonianEmpire's Worlds

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 19th October 2013, 10:27 pm

Of course, I've been inspired by Edasich's thread depicting his works, so I figured I'd post some of the worlds I've made myself over the years.

Admittedly, not all of them may be the most scientifically plausible. Just a heads up. Razz (Edited to add: If anyone objects to any of my images, let me know, and I would be more than happy to remove them. Smile )

(Also, I'm using dropbox, because I ran out of space on imageshack and imgur, so if anyone has any technical issues, or knows of a better host, lemme know Smile)

I'll start off with one of my more plausible worlds: A water Jovian not too much unlike Edasich's and others.

Here, a terrestrial created years ago by a former member of the Celestia community, that I upgraded with the latest improvements in the program, orbiting Alpha Centauri A:

And last for now, my own take on the Kepler-16 system; probably one of my lesser plausible worlds, considering the colors used (I like to use a random generator for most of my worlds. Razz)

That's it for now. Smile

Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 23rd October 2013, 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the forum software didn't support horizontal scrolling; added disclaimer.)

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-01-29

View user profile http://www.plutonianempire.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: PlutonianEmpire's Worlds

Post by Edasich on 20th October 2013, 4:43 am

The Water Jovian texture is very neat, better than mine, with really a suggestive blue glowing aurora in the nigthside. Good Earth-like planet too. Very Happy

Purple ammonia Kepler-16 ABb with icy ammonia moon seems not very likely but a putative, additional, outer planet "ABc" in Jovian orbit (2.5 < a < 5 AUs) could fit well instead. Wink

P.S.

Good idea to display stars and Galaxy spiral arms with dot-like mode.
Edasich
dM star
dM star

Number of posts : 1502
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunchaser on 20th October 2013, 9:38 am

That is nice! How did you make that water jovian?

-M-
Sunchaser
Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2011-12-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 20th October 2013, 2:31 pm

Jupiter recolor, admittedly. I desaturated it, and reduced the contrast whilst brightening it, and gave it a slight blue tinge. The aurora is the Jupiter aurora available on the Celestia Motherlode.

And the moon around Kepler-16ABb was meant to be habitable, with multi-cellular life present, warmed up by the tidal friction of its orbit. Smile (Or at least terraformed.)

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 23rd October 2013, 8:38 pm

Some more. Smile

On my system, I do have an alternate version of our Solar system, where the inner part of the solar system was sliiiiightly different....

Imagine.... How things might've been different with this arrangement. What a Face

Venus:

Mars:

All located in M 33, after a Celestian mass generated extra-galactic stars, for M 33 and other galaxies. Smile

(Had no idea what to do with Mercury; the orbit is too close, as far as I can tell, for moons, and too eccentric to keep Mercury as a hot Jupiter trojan, I believe.)

Another set of worlds, here at home in our Milky Way. Smile

Here, these worlds orbit a fictitious, artificial star (meaning man-made; totally in the realm of science fantasy, space opera at this point, admittedly alien) merely two light-years away from Sol. This system, I've had in Celestia literally since I first got Celestia, so its about ten years old. Smile

Here, is the fuzzy, harmless "shockwave" that resulted from the creation of the star, using sprites models generated by the same Celestia community member mentioned previously. The star is F7 or F8, main sequence.

The innermost planet, a super-terrestrial, and its moon; both volcanic.

An inner system Jovian, with three Earth-sized moons, all of which are too hot for life:

Perhaps one of my top favorite planets in all of my ten years with Celestia, and this was only recently created for this star.

Plutonia (pronounced "ploo-toh-nyah"):

And its habitable, larger-than-Earth moon, Utopia:

Both displayed Jovians are larger and more massive than Jupiter.

Of course, if anyone objects to any of my images, let me know, and I'd be more than happy to remove them. Smile

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Edasich on 24th October 2013, 2:51 pm

PlutonianEmpire wrote:Of course, if anyone objects to any of my images, let me know, and I'd be more than happy to remove them. Smile

Are you kidding? Your work is made of awesome. Very Happy

The atmospheres are really suggestive as well as the stellar nebula. Smile
Edasich
dM star
dM star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 25th October 2013, 12:40 am

Hey, thanks! Smile

I'll show some more sometime this weekend. Smile

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunchaser on 25th October 2013, 7:33 am

Outstanding stuff! You've been holding out on the Celestia forums!

-M-
Sunchaser
Planetesimal
Planetesimal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stalker on 25th October 2013, 7:39 am

Holly cow poop! This is amazing!

Jovian

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile http://exoplanetes.wetpaint.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 26th October 2013, 2:55 pm

There's always "holy smokes" too, ya know. Wink

And Tegmine, yeah, I have been holding out, mainly due certain members' overreactions to the trolls over there. Embarassed 

Ever more. Smile

A few years ago, I had a dream where Earth was tilted on its side, and orbited an entirely different sun, a K-type star. Sol was still Sol, of course, a G2V; Earth just didn't orbit it, and was never mentioned or brought up. Anyways, inspired by the dream, I modified Celestia's default Earth to have about an 80° obliquity.

Like all dreams, it had goofy physics. Razz

So we didn't experience the perpetual winds going from the hot side to the cold side during solstices. Had an unhappy ending though. Sad

Anyways, here's a bit of an odd-ball system...

You can probably tell by the shadows that this is a circumbinary system. Smile

The planet above was the innermost planet and its moon. I still need to add the additional moons and plethora of small moons like most jovians have.

The second planet, an excessively oppressive swampy world, with global cloud cover, with large green patches due to airborne plankton:

The third planet is an odd-ball in its own right, invoking more science fiction tropes,

A binary, habitable planet....

...On their sides. Whilst orbiting a binary star. Razz

This is one of my favorite systems. The primary planet in the binary planet spawned an insectoid civilization, which terraformed and colonized the secondary planet.

Another favorite, is an ice jovian far from an A-type star, with a large, icy moon, almost as large as Earth. Originally, I gave them generic designations, "o" for the planet, to keep in line with IAU naming conventions, and "IX" for the moon, based on the Roman Numeral part of the naming system for moons in our own Solar system. When I first viewed them in Celestia, they were ripe for new names, considering their distance and appearance, so the Jovian is Pluton, and the moon is Neuve Pluton, both French translations of "Pluto" and "New Pluto" respectively.

And coincidentally, Halloween is nearly upon us, and fits Neuve Pluton just right! Razz

Last edited by PlutonianEmpire on 26th October 2013, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spell-checking, adding descriptions.)

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 31st October 2013, 2:04 am

Just in time for Halloween!

Here's an old video I made last year or so, before my good laptop died. Can't reshoot it, because this laptop has older graphics resulting in square-ish stars when using the SVN version of Celestia.

Anyways, New Horizons arrives at Pluto.... Twisted Evil 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3610210/Celestia/videos/PlutonianHorizons.wmv

I took the NH addon from the Motherlode and beefed it up. The ring was pure conjecture, based on the speculation of a possible debris field. And yeah, the spacecraft is oriented wrong; made the video before I realized I could easily fix it.

You might recognize the music... Wink

(Hosting it on dropbox, lemme know if issues crop up. Smile)

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 9th November 2013, 9:00 pm

And finally, for now....

A world I've been working on, on and off, for about ten years, and is entirely unrelated to the artificial star I posted previously.

That world, is in fact, another circumbinary.

And yes, that is indeed Delta Trianguli, as I myself envision it. So. Move over NuclearVacuum! LaughingRazz

While this circumbinary world is smaller than Earth, her omnipresence here belies her smaller stature...

And being smaller hasn't  stopped it from acquiring two large moons over the course of her lifetime...

Over the course of my ten years working on this world, I eventually discovered the info page about atmospheric optics on the Orion's Arm website, which inspired me to take advantage of Celestia's existing atmosphere rendering abilities, to simulate different sky colors during sunrises and sunsets as caused by Delta Tri B being of spectral type K3V to K4V.

Then of course, they went and updated their sky colors page with newer scientific knowledge, rendering my creative application of sunset colors obsolete. Crying or Very sadRazz

Delta Trianguli also hosts about a dozen other planets, with the innermost two, both of them Jovians, being perhaps the most interesting...

Delta Trianguli (AB)b:

Delta Trianguli (AB)c:

Delta Trianguli is also the setting of a science fiction "novelette" that I wrote, and at one point, put a Celestia screenshot of the inhabited Earthlike, which I named "Belle Hades", through a little bit of Gimp, to add the appearance of a nuclear explosion that takes place at one point during the story...

Long before I ever started writing the story, I had a dream involving this world. The dream depicted an alternate opening sequence to that 2012 movie; perhaps an alternate version of that movie entirely. Inspired by the dream, I took another screenshot of my world, and again processed it through Gimp to try to recreate that scene:

That scene is probably what inspired me to write that novelette in the first place. LaughingRazz

And just for fun, I took this world's two moons, and Gimped them onto a photo I found online.

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 16th December 2013, 11:59 pm

At some point last year (during 2012), I started a little project that I never finished, but looked good nonetheless, at least to me. I wanted to take advantage of the newest features of Celestia 1.6.1, which included an expansion of the internal clock to allow the user to go 2 Gyr both forward and backwards in time, especially since at one point, Wikipedia mentioned that my favorite system was only about 1.9 to 2 billion years old as of today (that info has long since been revised to 8.5 to 9 Gyr -- kinda irritating tbh. Evil or Very Mad)

So I went ahead and decided to put another Celestian's mass-produced sprites models to good use, and attempt to depict the formation of Delta Trianguli -- rather tricky since it obviously involves two close-orbiting stars with a period of just 10 days. This is what I got...

I started out with three reddish sprites shells, to simulate a more 3D experience inside a protostellar nebula since just one wouldn't be enough...

The black sphere is an attempt to hide the stars, to attempt to simulate empty space. Probably not the best of decisions. :lol:You can see the beginnings of the circumbinary dust disk.

The red, dusty sphere is meant to simulate the pre-stellar matter beginning to coalesce into the two stars.

The outermost nebular shell disappears, to imply the contraction and transfer of dust to the inner parts of the clouds.

The planetary disk grows in size. Smile

Now, things start to heat up. Very Happy

More contractions. Thanks, Newton! Very Happy

Naturally, I can only make the black sphere so small before suspension of disbelief fails. Laughing

At this point, I assumed the system starts spewing jets from the formation processes.

From here on out, the central sphere morphs into a torus of dust that morphs into the two suns. I considered having two black spheres for each star, but it just seemed silly, so I took the "safe" route and made them orange spheres, each with their own global shell of dust (more sprites)

Now the two suns start spewing their own jets, and the final nebular shell dissipates into the system.

And finally, the torus is consumed by the growing suns.

After that I stopped, because I couldn't figure out what part came next in the evolution of these stars and the system. confused 

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 12th January 2014, 4:56 am

An Earthlike world around the sole tertiary G dwarf companion in a trinary system... Aa and Ab can be seen in the distance, over several hundreds of AU's away...

Clouds and surface mine. System made with Stargen 2013; the Earthlike it made was replaced completely with one of my one; but with the SMA and Eccentricity carried over. 1 large moon and 4 small ones.

And a much larger Earthlike world in a circumbinary around the G and K dwarfs Aa and Ab from above. B is in the distance.

The surface textures aren't mine on this one, but I did the clouds myself. :)Made with Stargen 2013. Sadly moonless. Sad

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunchaser on 21st January 2014, 2:25 pm

Very very sweet. Have you ever tried doing any of your surface shots with Terragen? It's got a steep learning curve, but you can still do a lot with the free version...even space shots.

-M-

PS: the clouds rock. how'd you do them?
Sunchaser
Planetesimal
Planetesimal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Edasich on 21st January 2014, 5:09 pm

Late reply, but no matter: the "Pre-Delta Trianguli Nebula" with protostars is just something made of awesome.  Shocked 
Edasich
dM star
dM star

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 21st January 2014, 5:11 pm

I've used terragen before, actually, but it was years ago, and while I still have some of the scenes I made with it, the images are sadly still inside an encrypted folder on my salvaged HDD from my laptop that died last year, and I still can't remember the password. Sad

Does the free version still limit you to one sun?

And how often on EVII does a new post get posted when one is in the middle of typing, and the forum software reminds you to make sure before posting? Laughing Anyways, thanks, Sunchaser and Edasich! Smile

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 21st January 2014, 5:18 pm

Sunchaser wrote:PS:  the clouds rock.  how'd you do them?
I gotta be honest here, that's a learning curve almost as steep as Terragen, IMO, but everyone is different. Smile Gimme some time to articulate it and I'll post it here or fire off a PM when I do. Smile

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 21st January 2014, 6:17 pm

Found this while sorting through my old images on imageshack before the free part ends forever:

Laughing

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunchaser on 23rd January 2014, 12:32 am

Great poster! As far as multiple suns...many of my scenes include two or more...I've got one scene of Tegmine with 5 suns...

-M-
Sunchaser
Planetesimal
Planetesimal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 23rd January 2014, 2:28 am

Yes, but is that with the free version or the paid one?

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunchaser on 23rd January 2014, 7:47 am

Free version. I've neither time, money, nor inclination to waste on software that isn't free. I mostly use Terragen2's trial version. Has its limitations, but you can still do a lot w. it.

-M-
Sunchaser
Planetesimal
Planetesimal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 24th January 2014, 10:06 pm

So there's no time limit on the trial version of terragen 2? Smile

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunchaser on 24th January 2014, 11:23 pm

I've had it for years. Every so often I'll dust it off and work on it. The forums are very helpful to learn how to make worlds and other cool planetary things. (like rings for example.)

-M-
Sunchaser
Planetesimal
Planetesimal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PlutonianEmpire on 24th January 2014, 11:49 pm

Awesome. :)One of my biggest hesitations about trialware are the time limits, so hearing about one that never expires (astrosynthesis being a good example) is always a boon. Many thanks! Very Happy

EDIT: Finally found the time to check it out; visiting the terragen site only gives me Terragen 3, not 2. Neutral 

Planetesimal
Planetesimal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top